We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
Chicken portions are brushed with a butter and curry mixture and baked in a mixture of rice, seasonings and dried fruit.
75 people made this
- 200g uncooked long-grain white rice
- 170g diced dried mixed fruit
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 500ml water
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr20min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- In a 20x30cm baking tin, mix rice, fruit, onion, sugar and salt. Pour in water. Arrange chicken parts over the rice mixture. In a small bowl, mix butter, curry powder and paprika. Brush butter mixture over chicken pieces. Cover pan tightly with aluminium foil.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(77)
Reviews in English (66)
Used different ingredients.I didn't have any dried fruit at home so I chopped some tomatos instead and added mango chutney. It turned out great.-03 Oct 2010
This wonderful dish got 5 stars from everyone in a very picky family! The flavor was superb and it couldn't have been easier to prepare. I was a little confused on the addition of the curry powder though. The ingredients called for 4 tsps of curry, divided, but it didn't tell where to put the divisions in the recipe. I decided to put 2 tsp in with the rice and 2 tsps in with the butter mixture. Think I must have done it right because it was delish!! Oh, it only took 45 minutes to cook instead of an hour. Thank you for a GREAT recipe!-06 Nov 2006
This is one of the best Indian recipes out there! You get great Indian flavor but it's easy, and leaves your house smelling wonderful. I agree with the rest of the reviewers who said it only needed 45 minutes to cook. For the dried fruit I used a mix that I got in the bulk food section of my grocery store--it had raisins, cranberries, dried pineapple and dried mango. Those fruit flavors were delicious in this dish!-17 Apr 2007