We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 Cups mayonnaise, such as Miracle Whip Dressing
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks; place in medium bowl. Mash with fork. Add the Dijon and mayonnaise.
Spoon into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with additional jalapeno slices, if desired.
Step 1: Make the Hard Boiled Eggs
Start by adding 12 eggs to a large pot then cover the tops of the eggs by 1″ with cold water. Place over high heat then bring to a boil. Once the water starts to boil, take the pot off the heat, place a lid on top, then let the eggs sit for exactly 14 minutes.
After 14 minutes, scoop the eggs into a bowl filled with ice and water then let them cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
Last step is to peel the eggs then slice in half. Woot! Perfect every time!
How to Hard-Boil Eggs
I highly recommend hard-boiling the eggs ahead of time for this recipe. Here is how to hard-boil eggs perfectly:
- Add the eggs to a pot: Place the eggs in a large pot and cover them with 2 inches of water.
- Boil: Bring the water to a boil over high heat. You should see bubbles bursting at the surface of the water.
- Let the eggs cook: Turn off the heat. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and allow the eggs sit for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool: Drain and then run cold water over the eggs, to stop them from cooking any further.
After your eggs have been boiled, cooled, and peeled, the rest of this recipe is a breeze.
- Firstly gather all ingredients: hard-boiled eggs, mayo, jalapeno, cilantro and black pepper.
- Cut eggs in half and scoop egg yolks.
- In a bowl mix egg yolks, mayonnaise, jalapeno, cilantro and black pepper.
- Stuff each egg with a filling.
Tips to make Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- You don’t really have to add extra salt if your mayonnaise is salty enough. Try the stuffing first, then adjust salt.
- Cut hard-boiled eggs in half, scoop egg yolks with small spoon.
- Add 1 teaspoon of mustard for extra flavor if you wish. However, I didn’t use mustard in this recipe.
- You can use any other bell pepper if you would like milder version of this appetizer.
Stuffed Eggs Faq’s
How long should you boil eggs? You should boil eggs for 10 – 15 minutes. Read more interesting facts how to boil a perfect egg in my Mayonnaise Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs recipe.
How far in advance can I make deviled eggs? You can make these eggs up to 2-3 days ahead. I always keep them in my fridge in airtight container and they are always perfect.
What to use to fill stuffed eggs? You can use small spoon, fill each egg completely with the filling.
How do you serve stuffed eggs? I would serve these eggs cold.
Other Party Food Ideas
Would you like to see more? SUBSCRIBE to receive recipes and party themes in your inbox! Also, follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM or TWITTER.